2023 Project Compassion Easter Raffle
Wednesday 22 March, saw the launch of the Living Justly Project Compassion Easter Raffle, with all proceeds supporting the Project Compassion campaign by Caritas. The Living Justly students hope to raise as much as possible across the next two weeks (the raffle will be drawn in the final week of school this term) to support Project Compassion, which has listed some fund-raising goals as follows:
- $6 can provide soap and access to water to protect communities against COVID-19 in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- $148 can provide a toilet for a family in Mozambique
- $250 can support four young men to harvest didgeridoo timber in the Northern Territory
- $1530 can provide education assistance for secondary school students in Mozambique
- $3265 can provide materials to establish a community piggery house in the Solomon Islands
The raffle comprises magnificent boxed prizes full of chocolates, just in time for Easter!
Tickets are now on sale and tickets are $2 each, 3 for $5 or 6 for $10.
Payment can be via cash or card, with students selling tickets across lunchtimes near the canteen each lunchtime.
In addition, parents may purchase tickets by accessing through CDF Pay under ‘School Items – Fundraising’ : CDFpay – Online Ordering Portal (clonard.vic.edu.au)
Clonard has only purchased chocolates for this raffle which are certified slavery-free (ie Fairtrade, Rainforest Certified or UTZ certified chocolates). 100% of profits from the raffle will go directly to CARITAS, which works to ensure people are not forced into slavery and forced labour, as part of its Project Compassion campaign.