What is this subject about?
Hollywood Music looks at how music is used in the movie industry. We learn about the clever musical tricks that film soundtrack composers use and the power that music has over our interpretation of what is happening on the screen.
What are we going to be studying?
* We watch, listen and analyse the music from a movie. We discover why it’s used and how the elements of music combine to enhance the movie scene.
* We form a class band and play music from the movie we’re studying. No instrumental experience needed.
* We compose music in the style of the music from the movie we’re studying.
* We create a soundtrack for a short animated video.
* We develop our musicianship skills (theory and aural) to improve our playing and in preparation for senior music studies.
Where does this subject go?
This is a great subject to take if you simply love music and wish to develop your musical understanding and awareness.
This subject will give you a great lead into the following VCE subject/s:
* Music Performance
* Music Investigation
* Music Style and Composition
* VET Music
This subject is advantageous if you’re looking at these careers:
* Music teaching
* Music administration
* Music therapy
* Anything in the Music industry (composing, remixing, sound engineer, etc)