Commitment to Democratic Principles
The programs of learning and teaching at Clonard College, inspired by our values of Justice, Wonder, Hope, Courage, Compassion and Hospitality; support and promote the principles and practice of Australian democracy.
• We educate our students about the value of democratically-elected government and their place as a contributing citizen within our society.
• We respect and observe the rule of law and believe that no person is above the law.
• We respect equal rights for all before the law.
• We acknowledge freedom of religion and the need to practise tolerance and understanding of others’ beliefs, supported by our Religious Education program.
• We respect the value of freedom of speech and freedom of association and acknowledge that we have the responsibility not to abuse this freedom.
• We value the importance of openness and tolerance, and value and respect all members of the school community regardless of background.