A Huge Congratulations to THE YEAR 10 PRECAL CLASS who planned and organised a range of educational activities in support of NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION AGAINST BULLYING AND VIOLENCE ON FRIDAY March 18.
Whole-school responses to bullying prevention build positive and supportive school environments by incorporating strategies for intervention at all levels, inclusive of students, teachers, parents and carers.
Three key characteristics outlined in the national definition of bullying distinguish bullying behaviours from other forms of peer aggression behaviours which do not constitute bullying. The key characteristics of bullying include:
- power imbalance
- deliberate intent to cause harm, and
- ongoing and repeated behaviour.
Clonard joined the National Day of Action against Bullying celebrating with the theme, Kindness Culture.
- The National Day of Action against Bullying and Violence is an important day in our school calendar to join schools across Australia to say ‘Bullying. No Way!’
- Together we can make a change. Everyone has a role to play for bullying prevention.
Kindness Culture promotes inclusiveness, respect and community belonging. Our 2022 theme offers an opportunity to learn about kindness, and demonstrate kind behaviour. Kindness plays an important role in bullying prevention.
Thank you to the many staff and students who joined in to show your support by:
- Wearing orange ribbons or scrunchies on Friday
- Enjoyed having nails painted orange at lunch time near the canteen
- Made an orange bracelet in the library
- Discussed bullying prevention in their wellbeing classes