The College uniform is an important way of developing a sense of group identity. Wearing the Clonard uniform with pride signifies each student’s willingness to learn and her commitment to the Clonard community.
During Terms 1 and 4, the summer uniform is required to be worn and includes the following options:
- During Terms 1 and 4, students may wear only the dress, however if the college jumper is worn, it cannot be worn as the outer garment to and from school. The College blazer is the official outer garment to be worn to and from school.
- Shirts are to be tucked in at all times. Blazers, school jumpers, rugby jumpers and spray jackets are not to be worn around the waist.
- Students may wear the full Sports uniform on days for which they are timetabled to participate in Physical Education or Dance classes or as instructed by their Wellbeing teacher or Sports Co-Ordinator. Leggings are not to be worn as the outer garment to and from school.
- College bucket hats are to be worn during recess and lunch and any classes held outdoors.
- Clean shoes are to be worn correctly and fashion runners without adequate support will not be tolerated.
- Hair colouring should be kept natural in colour. Extreme colours (such as greens, blues, pinks and reds) are not appropriate. Hair is to be neatly groomed, appropriate to the wearing of uniform, if past shoulder length fully tied back and off the face at all times. When the hair is tied back, the accessory used must be maroon, green or white in colour.
- Fashion jewellery or accessories of any kind are not to be worn. One wrist watch, a pair of silver or gold sleepers or plain, small stud style earrings, one in each lower lobe of the ear, is permissible. No other jewellery on any part of the body is to be worn (e.g.: nose rings).
- No make-up or coloured nail polish is to be worn.
- Tattoos are not endorsed by the College. At no time can tattoos be visible when students are in school uniform or attending school events.
- Each student is to have a College back pack. All students’ back packs, books, diary and school equipment are to be free from graffiti.