What is this subject about?
Geography is the study of where geographical features are located and why they are there, and what makes one place different from another, and how and why these differences matter.
It looks at how humans impact on natural processes and natural environments. You will explore the distribution of humans around the world and where natural phenomena and disasters are occurring.
What are we going to be studying?
* Characteristics of natural environments such as mountains, volcanoes, coasts and rainforests
* Differences between rural and urban environments
* Explore the sustainability of current use of resources and how they can be managed for the future, in particular water resources in Australia
* How the world is responding to global phenomena such as climate change, migration and tourism
This subject is advantageous if you’re looking at these careers:
* Agricultural scientist
* Civil engineer
* Environmental scientist
* Urban and regional planner