What is this subject about?
History studies the social, political and economic changes of a particular time period. In year 11 history you will explore 20th century history in more detail, in particular the period of peace between WWI and WWII, the rise of the Nazi’s to political power and the period of time referred to as the Cold War after this.
In year 12 you will have the choice between studying History Revolutions and Australian History. A revolution is the destruction of a regime and society and the establishment of new political and social orders after a revolution.
What are we going to be studying?
* Crisis and conflict – changes made to countries and society post-WWI
* The impact of new ideas on nations and the events that led to World War Two
* Explain patterns of social life and cultural change
* Development and impact of the Cold War
* The causes and nature of challenge
Year 12 Revolutions
* Explore the ideas, leaders and movements behind the Russian (1896-1927) and Chinese (1912-1976) revolutions.
* Discover how they built a new and lasting society
Where does this subject go?
This subject will give you a great lead into the following VCE subject/s:
* Works well with global politics
* Helps with English
This subject is advantageous if you’re looking at these careers:
* Museum curator
* Political scientist