What is this subject about?
Studio Art is about discovering incredible artists from different times and cultures and using these discoveries as inspiration to create explorations and artworks using a wide variety of different art materials and techniques.
Some of the many possibilities you could explore in Studio Art are: drawing, painting, printmaking, fashion, sculpture, photography, computer design, collage and mixed media – just to name a few!
Your teacher will guide you through a variety of materials and techniques. Therefore, this subject accommodates all abilities and levels of experience.
You will have an opportunity to tryout a variety of these and eventually you will choose a medium/s you love to use to express yourself and create your own artworks based on a theme of personal interest.
Studio Art will develop your confidence and creativity. You will explore new and exciting ideas and materials that you may not have used before! You will also have the opportunity write and talk about art with confidence.
You will also have the opportunity to go on an excursion to Melbourne to the National Gallery of Victoria to see the best Studio Art and Art folios and artworks in Victoria from the previous year
What are we going to be studying?
* We will study different artists from different times and cultures and make observations about what they created, what they were inspired by, how they created their art and the impact it has on us as viewers.
* We will find inspiration on themes and your own personal interests.
* We’ll explore a variety of different techniques using a wide range of materials.
* We’ll create folio’s that’ll document your interests, ideas, explorations and artworks.
Where does this subject go?
This subject will give you a great lead into the following VCE subject/s:
* Unit 3 & 4 Studio Art
* Other possibilities could be Unit 3 & 4 Fashion, Unit 3 &4 Visual Communication and Design and any other folio based subject.
This subject is advantageous if you’re looking at these careers:
* Fashion designer
* Art teacher
* Graphic designer
* Interior designer
* Art gallery director
* Web developer/designer
* Textile designer
* Art therapist
* Art historian
* Multimedia developer
* Industrial designer
* Museum curator
* Urban and regional planner
* University lecture
* Theatrical costume maker and designer
* Set designer
* Art critic
* Arts administrator
* Cultural heritage officer