Are you aged between 12-17 years and interested in having a say, making a difference, and learning more about local government decision-making?
The City of Greater Geelong is looking for 12 passionate new members from the Geelong region to join the 2023 Youth Council Advisory Committee.
Youth Council is an opportunity to share your ideas, discuss issues affecting young people, provide advice to Council, develop an understanding of local government, build your leadership skills, and make heaps of new friends!
If you are interested in this amazing opportunity, make sure you submit an application for the 2023 Youth Council program!
Nominations are open from 3 October – 7 November 2022 so keep an eye out on our socials @GeelongYouthCouncil or head to the Geelong Webpage
for more information about how to apply.
If you have any questions or require more information jump on to the Youth Council Instagram page- @GeelongYouthCouncil and DM us, or email Youthcouncil@geelongcity.vic.gov.au
The Youth Council Advisory Committee
• provides an opportunity for the voice of Geelong’s youth to be considered in the decision-makings of the Geelong Council
• provides advice to the Council on specific issues
• attends and participates in monthly Youth Council meetings with the support of our Youth Development team
• attends the Councillor Connect Mentor Program sessions with Councillors and the Youth Development team
• attends and be part of local community events.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
1. live in the Greater Geelong City Council local government area
2. aged between 12 and 17 years at the time of nomination
3. be able to attend 80 percent of monthly meetings
4. be able to participate in the Youth Council induction in mid-late January 2023
5. submit your own nomination and
6. submit parent or guardian consent to participate at the time of nominating.