What is this subject about?
The human body is made up of organs that are part of body systems that work together to allow the human body to function.
Systems such as the;
* Reproductive systems will be explored in this unit.
Students will become more familiar with the interior of the body, become aware of changes that occur in their own bodies when we exercise. The interplay of body systems working together will be analysed through theory and practical applications.
Students will also look into what we eat, energy systems, how the body uses food for fuel and the ways we can help the body recover after exercise.
What are we going to be doing/studying in it?
* We will study the main systems of the body
* We will study documentaries and current films on exercise and nutrition
* We’ll visit a sports science laboratory
* We’ll participate in PALACs and Laboratories related to how our body responds to exercise
* We will investigate current state of health of Australia compared to the world.
Where does this subject go?
This subject will give you a great lead into the following VCE subject/s:
* VCE PE
* VET Allied Health
* VCE Food Technology
This subject is advantageous if you’re looking at these careers:
* Physical Education
* Human Movement
* Nutrition & Diet related careers
* Health Professions eg osteopathy, physiotherapy, dietetics
* Health Promotion