Playing sports teaches students important lessons of life, such as teamwork and social integration, leadership, accountability, self-confidence, cognitive development and personal wellbeing.
A sporting education program in school, helps prepare students to face the challenges of daily life.
Clonard College participates as part of two sporting associations:
- GISSA (Geelong Independent School Sports Association)
- SCSA (Secondary Catholic Sports Association)
The sports programs available at Clonard as part of these Associations include:
Year 7 & 8 GISSA Sport program (number dependent):
Other Competitions /Pathways
Aeroschools Sports Aerobics Championships
Athletics Victoria School Championships and Relay championships
Gaelic Football Youth Championships
Herald Sun Shield (AFL)
Netball Victoria School Championships
VSAC Swimming Competition
Equestrian (with parental support)
Rowing – through Barwon Rowing Club
School Sports Victoria affiliate
(Team Vic trials)
*Please contact 03 5278 2155 for more information.
Recent successes include:
- Winning the Herald Sun Shield for AFL (represented GISSA at this competition)
- Sport Aerobic Team success in SCSA the last few years (Place 1st or 2nd in all levels from 2020-2022)
- Winning the Gaelic Football Youth Championships 2021
Participating in sporting opportunities can lead to the development of the following skills; valuable assets that could be used beyond school.
- Lifelong fitness
- Social connections
For more information on the sports programs available at Clonard, across all year levels, please contact 03 5278 2155.