Getting to school


Geelong has an extensive public transport network comprised of buses and trains, catering to the easy access to Clonard from anywhere in the Greater Geelong region.

The bus network in Geelong is operated by two entities:

CDC Victoria – services West and North Geelong suburbs.
P: 5240 5000 W:

McHarrys Bus – services South & East Geelong suburbs, Surf Coast and Bellarine Peninsula lines.
P: 5223 2111  W:

McHarrys Country Service – contract buses operate for students travelling from outer Geelong regions.

Please direct bus concerns to Lesley De Noronha at Clonard College: P: 5278 2155 Ext.5 or E:

Conveyance Allowance

Conveyance Allowance is financial assistance for parents/guardians with students accessing the public transport system or private bus.

Eligibility criteria:

* Student resides 4.8km or further from Clonard College – refer Bing maps website.

* Student is attending their nearest specific school ie: Catholic same gender school.

If Clonard is not the nearest school to your address, a ‘Non-Acceptance’ letter must be provided from the school nearest to you and submitted with your application.

If your circumstances meet the criteria of eligibility, a claim is made on your behalf and credited to your fee account.


To apply for conveyance allowance:

A PTV Approved School Student ID is now accepted as students’ entitlement to buy student passes and concession fares. This new, flexible option means that students at Clonard College no longer need to arrange, pay for and carry the dedicated PTV School Student ID to travel on student passes or concession fares.

valid student Clonard ID card is adequate to purchase the yearly or half-yearly pass. The PTV Application Form with the passport photo is not required as a result.

If your daughter does not have a valid Clonard College ID card we can reprint this for $ 8.00.

To Make a claim submit the following:
• A current conveyance allowance application claim lodge with your current address. Done at the commencement at Clonard College and only relodged if you change your address.

• Provide a ‘Non-Acceptance’ letter if applicable.

• Provide a copy of Myki Card with numbers reflected, with the student ID &/or receipt of purchase – yearly submission

Please note:

* If you have a change of address the Conveyance Application Form must be re-submitted.

* Application for Conveyance Allowance does not need to be submitted each year however proof or PTV pass purchase needs to be submitted for Clonard to claim on your behalf.

For more information please contact:

Conveyance Allowance & Bus Coordinator:

Bus Interchange Map