What is this subject about?
This subject is about focussing on developing your dance technique and style specific skills while deepening your understanding of a range of dance concepts. You will learn how to choreograph dances to explore your own personal movement vocabulary as well develop skills in expressive movement to communicate an intention to an audience. In Year 10 Dance we rehearse and perform dances as either individuals or small groups and learn choreography as a whole class. In this subject we also analyse and research work of others, including dance from contemporary and past times to explore differing viewpoints and develop an understanding of dance across different contexts.
This curriculum is designed for students with dance experience (either in-school or extra-curricular) or those who wish to develop their skills.
What are we going to be studying?
* Participating in dance classes
* Improving and refining dance technique
* Learning about dance concepts
* Learning how to choreograph your own dances
* Learning how to analyse dance from contemporary and past times
* Performing a whole group dance taught by the teacher
Where does this subject go?
This subject will give you a great lead into the following VCE subject/s:
* VCE Dance
* VET Dance
This subject is advantageous if you’re looking at these careers:
* Dance teacher
* Artistic director
* Arts administrator
* Film/Stage/TV director or performer.