Monday 27 March, will see the launch of the Social Justice students Project Compassion Easter Raffle, with all proceeds supporting the Project Compassion campaign by Caritas. We hope to raise as much as we can across the next two weeks (the raffle will be drawn in the final week of school this term) to support Project Compassion, which has listed some fund-raising goals as follows:
- $6 can provide soap and access to water to protect communities against COVID-19 in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- $148 can provide a toilet for a family in Mozambique
- $250 can support four young men to harvest didgeridoo timber in the Northern Territory
- $1530 can provide education assistance for secondary school students in Mozambique
- $3265 can provide materials to establish a community piggery house in the Solomon Islands
The raffle comprises magnificent boxed prizes full of chocolates, just in time for Easter!
Tickets sales commence Monday 27 March and tickets will be $2 each, 3 for $5 or 6 for $10. Payment can be via cash or card, with students selling tickets across lunchtimes near the canteen each lunch time next week.
In addition, parents may purchase tickets by accessing CDF pay by clicking on the CDF pay link: https://cdfpay.clonard.vic.edu.au/monitoronline/Account/AddToMyCart/[OLI]EASTER_EGG?itemType=1&shopGroupId=23
Clonard has only purchased chocolates for this raffle which are certified slavery-free (ie Fairtrade, Rainforest Certified or UTZ certified chocolates). 100% of profits from the raffle will go directly to CARITAS, which works to ensure people are not forced into slavery and forced labour, as part of its Project Compassion campaign.