What is this subject about?
This subject is about having fun and being active while learning about a variety of aspects involved in Dance. It is about exploring a range of dance styles, gaining an understanding of basic dance technique and skills, learning how to learn and choreograph dance works, all while developing your co-ordination, musicality, flexibility and fitness. In Year 9 Dance we explore story telling through dance and work together as a class to put on a production. In this subject we also look at dance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, to develop an understanding of dance across local, national and international contexts.
This subject is suited to both beginner and experienced dancers.
What are we going to be studying?
* Participating in dance classes
* Improving co-ordination, musicality, flexibility and fitness
* Learning about various dance styles
* Learning about basic dance concepts
* Learning how to choreograph your own dances
* Performing a whole group dance taught by the teacher
*Creating a whole class dance production
* Analysing dance from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
Where does this subject go?
This subject will give you a great lead into the following VCE subject/s:
* VCE Dance
* VET Dance
This subject is advantageous if you’re looking at these careers:
* Dance teacher
* Artistic director
* Arts administrator
* Film/Stage/TV director or performer