Book week is coming up next week and we are very excited for you to be a part of it! Although it will be very different from past years, we still have many fun and exciting activities for you to take part in.
Unfortunately, we will be unable to gather in large groups to partake in activities, due to COVID-19 restrictions, but we still have many online activities and competitions for you.
You can complete them at home, during lunchtime with friends, or in wellbeing periods (with your teachers’ permission).
- Monday: there will a ‘quizziz’ posted on the bulletin and the top 5 winners at the end of the will receive a prize.
- Tuesday: girls can create their own DIY bookmarks on canva, and e mail them to Mrs Ryan or any of the Aspire Leaders to be printed and laminated.
- Wednesday: is the day of our famous book week parade. Girls can dress up to the theme of this year’s book week ‘ curious creatures, wild minds’ or their favourite book character. The parade will be held outside the staff room at the beginning of lunch. A secret panel of teachers will judge the best costume and the top 3 winners will receive a Dymock’s book voucher! (students are to wear their sports uniform to and from school, and change into their costume before the parade).
- Thursday: is movie day, unfortunately, we will not be able to screen a movie in the theatre this year, however, we will be posting links to some great film based on books that you may watch over the long weekend!
- Have your photo taken in front of the book week angle wings in the library, with your favourite book
- Create a short video linking to the theme of ‘curious creatures, wild minds’ and e mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out Mr Houlihan’s entry below.
Throughout the week there will also be daily quizzes posted on the bulletin, girls can e mail their answers to the email provided and the winners will receive a prize.
More information will be provided next week.
It will be an exciting week and lots of prizes to be won, we look forward to seeing you participate.
The Aspire Leaders.