What is this subject about?
Business Management explores a range of important aspects to running a business. It looks at the features of good leaders and managers, and how you could own and run your own business in the future.
Throughout BM you will always be studying real business case studies and applying everything you learn in a “real world” context.
What are we going to be studying?
Year 11 Business Management
* How to run a small business
* Practical set up and structure of a business
* Design of a logo, store layout and marketing
* How different businesses attract customers and deal with the public (public relations).
Year 12 Business Management
* Way in which large organisations like Google and Westpac operate
* Different management styles
* How the operations of a business are most efficiently run
* How managers motivate and manage employees
* How businesses cope with changes in society such as changing attitudes to health and pollution
Where does this subject go?
This subject will give you a great lead into the following VCE subject/s:
* Works well with accounting
* Strong links to economics
* Helps with English
This subject is advantageous if you’re looking at these careers:
* Running your own business
* Advertising account executive
* Bank officer
* Hotel manager
* Human Resources officer
* Public relations officer
* Retail buyer
* Sports administrator