What is this subject about?
In the practical component, this subject is about choreographing your own dance works, rehearsing and performing dance works created by other choreographers and participating in regular technique classes. The theoretical component is about studying the body’s anatomy, safe dance practice and injury prevention, the history of dance and analysing of a range of dance works.
Previous dance experience is highly recommended before choosing to study VCE Dance.
What are we going to be studying?
* Participating in dance classes
* Improving and refining dance technique
* Learning about dance concepts and terminology
* Investigating the body’s anatomy
* Choreographing your own dances
* Learning and performing dances by professional choreographers
* Analysing a range of dance works
Where does this subject go?
This subject will give you a great lead into the following VCE subject/s:
* VCE Dance
* VET Dance
This subject is advantageous if you’re looking at these careers:
* Dance teacher
* Artistic director
* Arts administrator
* Film/Stage/TV director or performer